- Minnehaha’s Fine Arts program has long been celebrated for its excellence.
- The Antler yearbook and Talon newspaper won All-State Silver honors, placing each among the top 10 publications of their kind in the state for 2010-2011.
- Individuals on the yearbook staff earned two national and five state awards; newspaper staff members won one national and four state awards.
- Film students entered the Children’s Hospital and Kohls video contest, winning first, third and fifth place in the state totaling $4,000 in cash prizes for the Minnehaha film program.
- Students participate in national and international musical touring experiences.
- Eight students were selected for the 2011-12 Tri-Metro Honor Choir
- Eight students were selected for the 2011-12 Tri-Metro Honor Band
- Eleven students were selected for the 2011-12 Tri-Metro Honor Orchestra
- One student was selected for the 2011-12 Minnesota State 9-12th Grade Honor Choir
- One student was selected for the 2011-12 Minnesota String Teachers’ Association Honor Choir
- Six students were selected for the 2011-12 University of Minnesota Honor Band
- Four students were selected for the 2011-12 Minnesota Music Education Association All State Musician
Fine Arts at Minnehaha Academy
At Minnehaha, every student is an artist. Throughout Lower School, our students sing, perform, draw, paint, sculpt, and make pottery. Band instrument instruction begins in the fifth grade. Suzuki and traditional individual instruction on strings is available in grades K-5. In Middle School, students choose from yearlong programs in choir, band, and orchestra, along with classes in art and drama. Once in Upper School, students have opportunities to excel in choral groups, bands, orchestra, and theater. Our extensive visual arts program includes drawing and painting, graphic design, photography, film, sculpture, and ceramics. The arts are thriving at Minnehaha – and so are our artists.
Fine Arts Program Overview
Minnehaha’s Fine Arts program has long been celebrated for its excellence, and our North Campus is home to one of the finest performance venues in the Twin Cities. Over 20 performing groups involve students at every age and experience level. The school calendar is filled with concerts and theater events throughout the year. More than half of our students take part in these programs. The Academy also arranges national and international touring experiences.
The Artist Within
Being part of Fine Arts at Minnehaha is not just about fostering talent. It’s about experiencing art, enjoying art, and developing an appreciation for art that will last a lifetime. Students gain from the instruction and inspiration of highly trained and skilled faculty. The curriculum is designed to foster self-worth and creative expression as it integrates faith and learning.