Girls Lacrosse is an exciting and fast-paced field sport at Minnehaha. Approximately 45 girls participate each spring. The program emphasizes the double-goal philosophies of the Positive Coaching Alliance: hard-fought competition and teaching key life lessons through sports. The program emphasizes participation and development at the JV level and championship play at the varsity level. All players are encouraged to develop as students, citizens and leaders as well as athletes. Our simple recipe is to work hard and have fun.
Todd Wadsworth, Head Coach
Home games: JV and varsity play on the North Campus Field
The official season begins: practice usually begins the 4th Monday in March
The season generally ends: last playoff game is usually last Thursday in May
Captains practices begin: 3-4 weeks before the season starts
Tryouts occur: first week of practice
Other points of interest: Players often participate in camps, leagues and clinics during the summer. This is encouraged, but not required. Players are strongly encouraged to participate in other sports during the off-season as well as work on their lacrosse skills from time to time.
- Record: 12-4 State Rank: 6th out of 51
- Record: 9-5 State Rank: 11th out of 40
- Record: 6-7 State Rank: 16th out of 31
- Record: 2-11 State Rank: 21st out of 23
- Record: 1-12 State Rank: 37th out of 42
- Record: 0-11
- First season as official MSHSL sport
- Record: 1-9-2
- Record: 3-6
- Record: 3-6-1
- Sarah Scholl and Alana Patrick - 2nd Team All-State
- Record 10-6 State rank: 11th out of 58.