Middle School Academics
Quality Christian middle school with a solid core curriculum
Minnehaha Academy, Minneapolis campus
Minnehaha Academy Middle School provides quality Christian education at its beautifully remodeled campus on the banks of the Mississippi River in Minneapolis.
Our Middle School begins in sixth grade. Students move up, literally and figuratively, to our newly renovated second-floor classrooms and to a new set of expectations. Higher academic expectations are gradually introduced. Study, writing and organizational skills are emphasized. Required courses include English, Latin, literature, math, science, social studies, physical education, Bible, music, and art.
Middle School offers a wide variety of opportunities in athletics, fine arts, and student leadership. Choir, band, and orchestra are offered at every grade level.
Seventh and eighth grade is a time of greater academic development as students prepare for the challenge of our Upper School ten blocks away. Lessons of personal growth are incorporated at this age, and teachers work hard to help students develop Christian character, self-confidence, and teamwork.
Middle School Distinctions
- Complete renewal of our Minneapolis facility
- Beautiful new chapel and additional classrooms
- Supportive Christian environment
- Dedicated, experienced teachers (average tenure 14 years)
- Small classes, full curriculum
- Latin introduced in sixth grade
- Collaborative seventh-grade river project
- Teacher-guided use of technology
- Band, choir, and orchestra
- Full sports program for boys and girls
- Student-led service learning programs
As you can see, Minnehaha is a community that helps students make the transition from childhood into adolescence. Young hearts and minds are guided and strengthened academically, spiritually, and socially. We encourage you to find out more by contacting our Admission Office at 612-728-7756.