Why Should you come to Minnehaha Academy?
There is no other school quite like it. Private and Christian, its focus is outward - embracing the world. With a reputation for academic rigor, faithful service, there's always plenty of fun. Despite its small size, there is no limit to its offerings in athletics, curriculum and activities. And, at the core, no matter what challenges students may face, there is unyielding support from a caring body of students, faculty, staff and friends - the community of Minnehaha Academy.
Purposefully and distinctively Christian
Since 1913, Minnehaha Academy has been changing lives through the integration of faith and learning.
Through Bible study, regular chapel services, and the guidance of faculty and staff who know and love God, students are given a moral compass for their lives.
Today, the school remains dedicated to the Christian ministry set forth by its founders.
This private, Christian school sponsored by by the Northwest Conference of the Evangelical Covenant church, serves approximately 900 students from the Twin Cities area.
Diverse campus communities
We foster diversity, while celebrating tradition, and welcome students from many different backgrounds and cultures:
- 24% of students are people of color.
- Students and faculty represent more than 30 denominational backgrounds.
- Director of Diversity on staff.
- Support groups for students of color in Middle and Upper Schools and a student-led diversity club encourage multicultural friendships.
- International students from Canada, Ethiopia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Russia, Slovakia, South Korea, Sudan, Sweden and Ukraine in the past few years.
High academic standards
- Graduation requirements include courses in English, science, history, languages, mathematics, computer skills, fine arts, community serve, and physical education-plus a board choice of electives.
Educational focus on the whole person
From preschool through grade 12, Minnehaha Academy educates the whole person - mind, body and spirit.
From the earliest age, students are guided by teachers to develop a love of learning.
As they grow, our students are encouraged to maximize their potential in the classroom, in the performing arts and on the playing field.
Dedicated and professional faculty
- The faculty, numbering over 120, is characterized by engaging teaching skills and genuine Christian commitment.
- All faculty members are licensed teachers.
- Most teachers hold master's degrees or higher.
Challenging, meaningful curriculum at every grade level
Minnehaha Academy offers a comprehensive, college preparatory curriculum, but, more importantly, creates an environment that values and nurtures academic achievement.
Emphasis on service to God and others
Our shared goal is to graduate young people uniquely equipped to give of themselves in service to God and to others.
Graduates make significant impact in their fields - social services, religion, music, medicine, law, policies, science/technology, academics, and business.