Athletics develops character
Minnehaha's athletic tradition and talent produce winning teams under the guidance of coaches who are Christian role models - a fact that gives our students a "character counts" perspective on team sports. Teams and coaches consistently say, "Our faith brings us together and keeps us close. We're very competitive, but win or lose, Christ remains our common bond." Within this environment, students find many opportunities for leadership and making close friends.
With 25 varsity sports and as a member of the Tri-Metro Conference, the Redhawks regularly compete for conference, section and state titles in many sports. Over 75% of Minnehaha Academy's student body participate in athletics.
2012 - 2013 Sports Accomplishments
- Senior Natalie Welsch signed a Division I volleyball scholarship with Cornell University.
- Senior John Pryor signed a Division 1 baseball scholarship with Lipscomb University.
- Senior Ben Bakke signed a Division 1 soccer scholarship with Creighton University.
- Boys Cross Country were Section Champions.
- Girls Cross Country placed 3rd in the State Championships.
- Boys Basketball won the State AA Championship.
- Senior Luke Brown placed 4th at the State Nordic Meet.
Exploring the Options We Offer
Each level at Minnehaha provides students with a broad selection of extracurricular opportunities throughout the school year, appropriate to their age and development. This section provides an overview for prospective students and parents of what is available.
Athletic Mission Statement
At Minnehaha Academy, our athletic program reflects our commitment to love and serve God with every part of our being – heart, soul, strength, and mind – and to serve others as ourselves.
Believing that athletic competition can teach participants many positive values that cannot always be learned in classroom settings, we are committed to teaching the values of hard work, commitment, dedication and discipline through a strong athletic program. We seek to challenge each individual athlete to perform at his or her maximum level and to grow mentally, spiritually, and physically through individual effort, competition, and teamwork.
Our desire is that our athletes will compete with a level of character, intensity, enthusiasm and sportsmanship that is consistent with the Christian faith.