Creating Appointments for the Minnehaha Academy
Spring Middle School Parent Conferences
For the spring conferences, the Middle School will be using the online scheduling system “Pick-a-Time.” Last fall this system made scheduling conferences more convenient for everyone. If you experience any problems creating appointments, please contact Mr. Mike Wiens via email at wiens@MinnehahaAcademy.net. If you choose not to create appointments online, you can still walk in and sign up on the days of the conferences if there are open slots in the teachers’ schedules.
Helpful Hint: Give yourself at least 10 minutes between conferences so you can get to them on time. Some of the rooms are difficult to find in a short amount of time.
ONLINE SIGN UP WILL BE OPEN FROM MONDAY MARCH 4 AT 7 a.m. UNTIL TUESDAY MARCH 12 AT 12 midnight.
***Note: You will not be able to access the site before or after the given dates/times.
1. Gather the names of the teachers you would like to see. Please ask your child for the teachers’ names or you can find them in Schoology.
2. Go to the following web address: https://pickatime.com/client?ven=11601636. This link also appears on the MA website under the “PARENTS” link.
3. Either login to the site with your email address and password from fall conferences or create a new account. To create a new account, simply enter your email address and push the “Log-in/create account” button. A dialog box will appear asking you to confirm your email address, to enter your first and last name, and to create and confirm a password that is at least 6 characters long. Once you have entered the proper information in each of those fields, click “OK.”
4. An alphabetical list of all Middle School faculty members available for conferences will appear. Each faculty member has a distinctive color pattern associated with their name. Click each person with whom you would like to make an appointment. The faculty members’ color-coded boxes will appear in alphabetical order in the grid at the right of the screen.
5. Choose a 10-minute time slot for an appointment by clicking on the appropriate color-coded box. After you click the time slot, a dialog box will come up asking you to enter your student’s name. You also have the option of receiving a reminder email regarding this appointment. The time of the appointment and the teacher will be listed at the top of the screen. Please hit the “Create Appointment” button to reserve this time slot. If you make a mistake, please hit the “Return” button to go back to the previous screen.
6. Once you have created the first appointment you will return to the main screen with all of the teachers’ names. You will see the information for the appointment listed at the top of the screen. You will also notice the appointment time you chose will show up as a black square. Any times for which the faculty member is not available (e.g. lunch break) will show up as white squares. Continue making appointments.
7. If you make a mistake (e.g. sign up for 2 conferences with the same teacher, sign up for 2 conferences at the same time) the system will not confirm your appointment and an error message will appear in red at the top of the Scheduling Grid.
8. If you cannot keep an appointment time, please cancel the appointment as soon as possible so the slot is available for other parents. Click on “Details” tab to see the teacher.
9. Once you are done creating appointments, click on “Printable schedule” and print the screen. Then hit the “Return” button and click on “Log Out.”